Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To execute (a person) by nailing to a cross.
- To punish or otherwise express extreme anger at, especially as a scapegoat or target of outrage.
- After his public gaffe, he was crucified in the media.
- 1992, Tori Amos, Crucify (song)
- I crucify myself and nothing I do is good enough for you.
- (informal) To thoroughly beat at a sport or game.
- West Ham beat Manchester City five nil - they crucified them!
to execute a person by nailing to a crucifix
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.