Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (archaic) horrendous, horrific
- 1885, Tommasso Campanella; R. W. Halliday (translator), “City of the Sun”, in Ideal Commonwealths, London: George Routledge and Sons:
- They accuse themselves of ingratitude and malignity when anyone denies a lawful satisfaction to another of indolence, of sadness, of anger, of scurrility, of slander, and of lying, which curseful thing they thoroughly hate.
- 1910, Josephine Preston Peabody, The Piper:
- Don't name the curseful place.