- Cuvier (attributive); used in taxonomic names for organisms that often have English names of the form "Cuvier's ..."
cuvier (plural cuviers)
- (oenology) Fermenting room of a winery
- 2014 July 19, Ian Mount, “A family feud, uncorked in Spain [print version: ‘A family feud uncorked in Spain: Clan's succession battle threatens their legacy and widely praised wine’, International New York Times, 21 July 2014, p. 16]”, in The New York Times:
- The winery, she said, has a fermenting room – a cuvier – "that […] is the most modern you can find today."
cuvier m (plural cuviers)
- vat (large receptacle for liquids, etc.)