- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌsaɪnəˈfoʊbi.ə/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌsaɪnəˈfəʊbi.ə/
- Rhymes: -əʊbiə
- Homophone: Sinophobia
- An irrational fear or hatred of dogs or other canines.
- 2001, Steven R. Lindsay, Handbook of Applied Dog Behavior and Training: Etiology and Assessment of Behavior Problems, →ISBN, page 164:
- This finding has significant implications for the study of cynophobia, since one would expect from the classical conditioning model of fear that a dog bite should have a lasting negative impact on a child's attitude toward dogs.
an irrational fear or hatred of dogs or other canines