Jump to navigation Jump to search
- dahoam (Bavaria, Austria)
From Middle High German dāheim, dāheime, darheime, from Old High German dārheime (“at home”), equivalent to da + heim. Compare Middle High German heime (“home, at home”, adverb), Old High German heime, heimi (“home, at home”, adverb).
- home, at home (adverb)
- 1966, Carl Zuckmayer, Als wär's ein Stück von mir, Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag, →ISBN, page 9:
- Wo ist man daheim? Wo man geboren wurde oder wo man zu sterben wünscht?
- Where is one at home? Where one is born, or where one wishes to die?
- German terms inherited from Middle High German
- German terms derived from Middle High German
- German terms inherited from Old High German
- German terms derived from Old High German
- German compound terms
- German 2-syllable words
- German terms with IPA pronunciation
- German terms with audio links
- Rhymes:German/aɪ̯m/2 syllables
- German lemmas
- German adverbs
- German terms with quotations