Jump to navigation Jump to search
- superlative form of : most damned; surprising, remarkable, amazing.
- 1900, Phillip Gardner, Someone to Crawl Back to, page 107:
- "And the damnedest thing happened. I was dreaming, but in my dream I was dreaming. It was the damnedest thing, really."
- One's best effort.
- 1991, Cathy Cash Spellman, Paint the Wind, page 148:
- "Fancy was doing her damnedest to pull her own oar and the boys were tripping all over themselves to treat her like a lady."
- (archaic) second-person singular simple past form of