Jump to navigation Jump to search
daughterling (plural daughterlings)
- (diminutive, affectionate) A daughter, especially a young or precious one.
- 2003, William Patten, Poems Old and New:
- BLOSSOM of the almond-trees, • April's gift to April's bees, Birthday ornament of spring, Flora's fairest daughterling; — [...]
- 2004, Flora Annie Webster Steel, Dramatic History of India:
- Would I have my vanished sight once more I Tell me, daughterling, how looks this promised land towards which we have been journeying these months and years?