From deaf + -ness.
deafness (countable and uncountable, plural deafnesses)
- The condition of being deaf; the lack or loss of the ability to hear.
- (figuratively) Lack of knowledge or refusal to admit a particular problem, issue, etc.
- their deafness to her cries
condition of being deaf
- Italian: sordità (it) f
- Latvian: kurlums m
- Malay: kepekakan, ketulian
- Navajo: ajéékałgo ąąh dahazʼą́
- Polish: głuchota (pl) f
- Portuguese: surdez (pt) f
- Russian: глухота́ (ru) f (gluxotá)
- Scottish Gaelic: buidhre f
- Cyrillic: глувоћа f, глувост f (Serbian), глухоћа f, глухост f (Bosnian, Croatian)
- Roman: gluvoća f, gluvost f (Serbian), gluhoća (sh) f, gluhost f (Bosnian, Croatian)
- Spanish: sordera (es) f
- Telugu: చెవుడు (te) (cevuḍu) (chevuDu), చెవిటితనం (ceviṭitanaṃ) (cheviTitanam)