death by PowerPoint
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- the boredom of a dull PowerPoint presentation, normally consisting of simple bulleted lists and conventional graphics
- 2000, David Greenberg, Avoiding Death by PowerPoint, 45 Proven Strategies to Breathe Life Into Dull Presentations, Goldleaf Publications, ISBN 1890480142, illustrated.
- 2000, Dave Meier, The Accelerated Learning Handbook, A Creative Guide to Designing and Delivering Faster, More Effective Training Programs, McGraw-Hill Professional, ISBN 0071355472, illustrated, page 180:
- In corporations, death by overhead has been replaced by death by PowerPoint. Nothing has changed but the technology.
- 2007, Rob Waite, “Real-World Story No. 18”, The Lost Art of General Management, robwaite.com inc. (publisher), ISBN 0975303007, page 74:
- We’ve all endured them ... PowerPoint presentations that drone on forever. I call this “Death by PowerPoint.”
- One of my near-death-by-PowerPoint experiences occurred in Newfoundland, Canada.
- 2008, Mary Civiello and Arlene Matthews, Communication Counts, Business Presentations for Busy People, Safari Books Online, John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0470178949, illustrated, page 132:
- And, as audience members, we have all experienced death by PowerPoint, the comatose state that results from being subjected to one stultifying slide after another.
- 2010, Jo Owen, The Death of Modern Management, How to Lead in the New World Disorder, John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 047068285X, illustrated, chapter 9, unpaged:
- Where a 10-page presentation with one or two charts would have been acceptable before, now we all suffer from death by PowerPoint.