Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: présentation
- præsentation (archaic)
- The act of presenting, or something presented.
- A dramatic performance.
- An award given to someone on a special occasion.
- Money given as a wedding gift.
- A lecture or speech given in front of an audience.
- (medicine) The symptoms and other possible indications of disease, trauma, etc., that are exhibited by a patient who has sought, or has otherwise come to, the attention of a physician.
- The presentation of the thirty-four-year-old male in the emergency room was slight fever, dilated pupils, and marked disorientation.
- (medicine) The position of the foetus in the uterus at birth.
- (mainly LGBT) Gender presentation; gender expression.
- (fencing) Offering one's blade for engagement by the opponent.
- (mathematics) The specification of a group by generators and relators.
- The act or right of offering a clergyman to the bishop or ordinary for institution in a benefice.
- (immunology) The preparation of antigen fragments during the immune response.
act of presenting
something presented to an audience
From French présentation, from présenter + -ation, equivalent to presentera + -ation. Cognate with English presentation, German Präsentation, Norwegian Bokmål presentasjon, Norwegian Nynorsk presentasjon and Danish præsentation.
|Declension of presentation|