Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act or process of introducing.
- A means, such as a personal letter, of presenting one person to another.
- An initial section of a book or article, which introduces the subject material.
- A written or oral explanation of what constitutes the basis of an issue.
- (initial section of a written work): preface, isagoge, lead-in, lead, lede; see also Thesaurus:foreword
act or process of introducing
means of presenting one person to another
initial section of a book or article which introduces subject material
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
introduction f (plural introductions)