- Rhymes: -ɛnsɪŋ
- The art or sport of duelling with swords, especially with the 17th- to 18th-century European dueling swords and the practice weapons decended from them (sport fencing)
- 1973, Alan Dundes, Mother Wit from the Laughing Barrel, page 253:
- The pair both want to touch each other, and indulge in a series of fencings and parryings in the hope of attaining their desire.
- Material used to make fences, fences used as barriers or an enclosure.
- Fencing was erected around the field to keep the horses in.
material used to make fences
fences used as barriers or an enclosure