Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Online fencing: the use of the Internet to sell stolen merchandise.
- 2005 December 14, “More shoppers finding a real steal online.”, in Daily Herald:
- FBI spokeswoman Cathy Milhoan says the bureau is aware of the problem. "We do recognize e-fencing as an ongoing issue," she says.
- 2006 November 3, “NRF alerts retailers to e-fencing, gift card fraud”, in Home Textiles Today:
- Two new types of retail theft are gaining traction, thanks to the ubiquitous spread of technology, according to the National Retail Federation, which reports that e-fencing and gift card fraud are on the rise.
- 2008 August 26, “Thieves turn to online auction sites to move stolen goods”, in Virginian-Pilot:
- Scott, the Newport News Democrat who chairs the House subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security, has heard from merchants for years about the growing problem of e-fencing.