Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The state of being bored.
- (countable) An instance or period of being bored; A bored state.
- 1995, Martin Heidegger, William McNeill, Nicholas Walker, transl., The Fundamental Concepts of Metaphysics: World, Finitude, Solitude, page 107:
- If we are seeking a more original conception of boredom then we must also correspondingly endeavour to envisage a more original form of boredom, thus presumably a boredom in which we become more bored than in the situation we have characterized.
- 1999, Michael L. Raposa, Boredom and the Religious Imagination, page 58:
- Yet that earlier characterization was of a kind of boredom that can be portrayed as resembling acedia; that is, a boredom that I can be held responsible for, either in its genesis or its persistence.
- See more citations at boredoms.
- (state of being bored): ennui
state of being bored