Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /bɔːd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /bɔɹd/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger)IPA(key): /bo(ː)ɹd/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /boəd/
Audio US (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)d
- Homophone: board; baud, bawd (nonrhotic accents with the horse–hoarse merger)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Suffering from boredom; mildly annoyed and restless through having nothing to do.
- The piano teacher's bored look indicated he wasn't paying much attention to his pupil's lackluster rendition of Mozart's Requiem.
- Perforated by a hole or holes.
suffering from boredom
- bored out of one's brains
- bored out of one's mind
- bored out of one's tree
- bored stiff
- bored to tears