Jump to navigation Jump to search
deevil (plural deevils)
- Eye dialect spelling of devil.
- 1881, Margaret O. (Wilson) Oliphant, The Open Door, and the Portrait.:
- If the deevil himsel was in the auld hoose, I have no interest in 't one way or another--" "Sandy, hold your peace!" cried his wife imperatively. "
- 1912, O. Douglas, Olivia in India:
- The last I saw of her she had seized the khansamah's young assistant and was shouting at him, "Chokra--ye impident little black deevil, will you tell this moment, has there been an accident?"