Jump to navigation Jump to search
deflowering (plural deflowerings)
- The breaking of the hymen of a virgin.
- 1794, Emanuel Swedenborg, “Of the Lust of Defloration”, in The Delights of Wisdom Concerning Conjugial Love: […] Translated from the Latin […], London: Printed and sold by R. Hindmarsh, […], OCLC 13619804, paragraph 503, page 463:
- Some adulterers are impelled by the cupidity of deflowering virgins, and thence also of deflowering young girls in their harmleſs age: […]
- 2005 Muhammad Khalid Masud et al - Dispensing Justice in Islam: Qadis and Their Judgements
- If a midwife testifies that the wound is old, then deflowering may have occurred prior to the husband's initial penetration of his wife.