Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act by which something is broken.
- 2009, John Renard, Tales of God's Friends: Islamic Hagiography in Translation, page 53:
- We, on the other hand, do not reject the occurrence of breakings of the natural order of things that occur in connection with a prescribed proclamation […]
- (linguistics) A change of a vowel to a diphthong
- (music) A form of ornamentation in which groups of short notes are used instead of long ones
- 2014, Karen Schupp, Studying Dance: A Guide for Campus and Beyond, page 48:
- The urban dance genre includes breaking, waacking, and house dancing, among others.