Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To transfer the control and ownership of an industry from government to private hands; to privatize.
- (transitive) To strip of nationhood; to cease to recognise, or allow to exist, as a nation.
- 1847 March 30, Herman Melville, Omoo: A Narrative of Adventures in the South Seas; […], London: John Murray, […], OCLC 364546898:
- Doubtless, in thus denationalizing the Tahitians, as it were, the missionaries were prompted by a sincere desire for good; […]
- 1933, John T. Tucker, Angola, the land of the blacksmith prince:
- What does signify, however, is the assumption that evangelical missions introduce or maintain an alien culture and that they denationalize.
- “denationalize” in Oxford Learner's Dictionaries