Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: dépendant
- Obsolete spelling of
- Misspelling of .
- 2006 April 27, Sylvia Moosmüller; Theodor Granser, “The spread of Standard Albanian: An illustration based on an analysis of vowels”, in Language Variation and Change, volume 18, number 2, Cambridge University Press, DOI:10.10170S0954394506060066:
- However, word-final unstressed schwa is deleted even by the speakers from South Albania, though to different degrees and dependant on the speech style […]
dependant (plural dependants)
- (Britain) A person who depends on another for support, particularly financial support (= US dependent).
one who relies on another for support — see dependent
- Merriam-Webster Indicating only US spelling is "dependent" (redirects, lists British spelling as a "variant".)
- Pam Peters, The Cambridge Guide to English Usage, pp. 148-149.
- Encarta Always a misspelling in US English, adjective and noun are differentiated in British English by spelling.