de- + stink + -ify
destinkify (third-person singular simple present destinkifies, present participle destinkifying, simple past and past participle destinkified)
- (slang, humorous) To mask or remove the odor from; to deodorize.
1996 April 10, Brett Williams, “Re: Odor in Fabrics”, in rec.crafts.textiles.sewing, Usenet:
- After banishing his[sic] immediately to the shower on arrival home (grin), I use a full cup of vinegar (plain cheap white stuff) tossed into the wash to destinkify his clothes.
1998 December 29, Geraldine, “Boot inqueries”, in alt.gothic.fashion, Usenet:
- How can i destinkify my boots so they smell better or more neutral?
- 2013, Brittany Geragotelis, Life's a Witch, Simon & Schuster (2013), ISBN 9781442466555, page 302:
- “It takes you that long to destinkify yourself?” he asked, walking back toward his aunt's.