Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: détection
- The act or process of detecting, uncovering, or finding out, the discovery of something new, hidden, or disguised.
- 1897 December (indicated as 1898), Winston Churchill, chapter I, in The Celebrity: An Episode, New York, N.Y.: The Macmillan Company; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., OCLC 222716698:
- In the old days, to my commonplace and unobserving mind, he gave no evidences of genius whatsoever. He never read me any of his manuscripts, […], and therefore my lack of detection of his promise may in some degree be pardoned.
- (obsolete) Synonym of , the exposure of concealed information about a crime or heresy.
- (electrical engineering) The act or process of finding or detecting an electrical signal in a carrier wave.
- (electrical engineering): demodulation
- German: Detektion
act of detecting or sensing something
the finding out of a constituent, a signal, an agent or the like