Jump to navigation Jump to search
finding (plural findings)
- A result of research or an investigation.
- (law) A formal conclusion by a judge, jury or regulatory agency on issues of fact.
- That which is found, a find, a discovery.
- The act of discovering something by chance, an instance of finding something by chance.
- (Canada, US, generally plural) Tools or materials used in shoe making or repair. [from 19th century]
- 1844, John O’Brien, O’Brien’s Philadelphia Wholesale Business Directory, page 72:
- Boot and Shoe Findings and Leather Establishments […] Yocum & Wilson, 225 n 2d st, Shoe Findings, Leather, Last, and Shoe Peg Warehouse
- (jewelry) A self-contained component of assembled jewellery. [from 19th century]
- 1884, “The Dennison Manufacturing Company”, in The Jewelers' Circular and Horological Review, volume 15, page 246:
- They manufacture jewlers’ findings, morocco, plush and velvet jewelry cases, paper boxes, morocco boxes, jewelry cards, tags, etc.
- (act or instance of discovering or finding something by chance): serendipity
result of research or an investigation
act or instance of discovering or finding something by chance
self-contained component of assembled jewellery