Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Scotland) did not
- 1827, Various, The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction, Vol. 10,:
- And he gi'ed him anither shake--then, laying haud of his nose, he swore that he would pu't as lang as a cow's tail, if he didna that instant restore him his lost property.
- 1888, Helen Hunt Jackson, Between Whiles:
- Don't ye remember I wore it to the picnic? an' then it didna suit, an' I put it back in the box.
- 1917, John Hay Beith, All In It: K(1) Carries On:
- When I said that a man's name was on a bullet, I didna mean that it was written there."