Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Diego
diego (plural diegos)
- (slang, ethnic slur) A Spanish-speaker, especially from Latin America.
- 1987, Glyn Hughes, The Rape of the Rose, page 177:
- They're just like Ludds, them diegos — nothing but a load of scum. I've seen 'ow they live. O' course, we soldiers dwell in mud 'alf the time, but that's different. We're building an empire. But them diegos! Them Jimmies! Well, I tell you!
- 2009, Mickey Smith, For The Claret & Blue:
- Now I don't know what it is with the diegos, but as we were walking back to the hotel a couple of them started giving us a bit of verbals.
Perhaps from the male given name Diego.
diego m (plural dieghi)
- (central Italy) Synonym of
- diego in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana