Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dinnertime (plural dinnertimes)
- The time when dinner takes place.
1846, Charles Elmé Francatelli, The Modern Cook, page 243:
- An hour before dinnertime, steam the mazarine in the usual way, and when done, turn it out of the mould on its dish […]
- The time when dinner is ready.
- (Britain) The midday break in English schools (some areas), lunchtime.
- The dinner hour, the hour between 6 and 7 p.m.
mid-day break — see lunchtime
the hour between 18h00 and 19h00