Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To free something from entanglement; to extricate or unknot.
- I had to disentangle him from his own shoelaces.
- (transitive) To unravel; to separate into discrete components or units.
- 2018, James Lambert, “A multitude of ‘lishes’: The nomenclature of hybridity”, in English World-Wide, page 10:
- This overlapping is reflective of hybrid languages, where certain features (phonetic, orthographic, semantic, syntactic) are also difficult to disentangle.
- (intransitive) To become free or untangled.