Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To tangle up; to twist or interweave in such a manner as not to be easily separated
- The dolphins became entangled in a fishing net.
- (transitive) To involve in such complications as to render extrication difficult
- (transitive, figuratively), to ensnare
- (transitive) To involve in difficulties or embarrassments; to embarrass, puzzle, or distract by adverse or perplexing circumstances, interests, demands, etc.; to hamper; to bewilder.
twist or interweave
involve in complications
involve in difficulties
- entangle in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- entangle in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.