Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act or process of complicating.
- The state of being complicated; intricate or confused relation of parts; complexity.
- A person who doesn't fit in with the main scheme of things; an interloper.
- (medicine) A disease or diseases, or adventitious circumstances or conditions, coexistent with and modifying a primary disease, but not necessarily connected with it.
- (horology) A feature beyond basic time display in a timepiece.
act of complicating
the state of creating difficulties, objects or events causing difficulties
feature beyond basic time display
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- complication (medicine) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- complication (horology) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- complication in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- “complication”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- IPA(key): /kɔ̃.pli.ka.sjɔ̃/
- Rhymes: -sjɔ̃
- Homophone: complications
- Hyphenation: com‧pli‧ca‧tion
complication f (plural complications)
- “complication” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
complication (plural complicationes)