Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˌkwɒlɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˌkwɑːləfɪˈkeɪʃn/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
disqualification (plural disqualifications)
- The act of disqualifying, or the state of being disqualified;
the disqualification of certain people for holding certain positions
Henry won the match due to the disqualification of his opponent.
- That which disqualifies; that which causes someone to be unfit for a certain purpose or role
conviction of crime is a disqualification of a person for office
sickness is a disqualification for labor
- (basketball): The act of being forbidden from further play in a basketball game due to the accumulation of too many personal fouls.
act of disqualifying