Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˌkwɒlɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˌkwɑːləfɪˈkeɪʃn/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of disqualifying, or the state of being disqualified
- the disqualification of certain people for holding certain positions
- Henry won the match due to the disqualification of his opponent.
- That which disqualifies; that which causes someone to be unfit for a certain purpose or role
- Conviction of crime is a disqualification of a person for office.
- Sickness is a disqualification for labor.
- (basketball): The act of being forbidden from further play in a basketball game due to the accumulation of too many personal fouls.
- Synonym: fouling out
act of disqualifying
disqualification f (plural disqualifications)