Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It is suggested that this is a reduction from a British naval phrase - commodity bag.
- A small bag used to carry one's personal effects or toiletries while traveling.
- A sailor's small bag to hold thread, needles, tape, etc.; a housewife.
- A Girl Guide's bag to hold dishes and cutlery. It is usually made of mesh fabric or sewn dishtowel. Also called a mess bag, dilly bag, or mess kit, depending on region.
- (theater) A bag used to hold costume pieces that do not hang on hangers, such as socks or gloves.