Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Doob grass.
- Synonym: Bermuda grass
- 1911, C.M. Hutchinson, “Turf”, in Agricultural Journal Of India, Pusa: Agricultural Research Institute, page 368:
- Doob is a shallow rooted plant and obtains its food from the surface layer of soil; most of the other grasses, with which it has to compete, such as motha (Cyperus rotundus), dabhi (Imperata arundinacea) and rari (Saccharum spontaneum) are comparatively deep-rooted; […]
Unknown, perhaps related to doob grass.
doob (plural doobs)
- (slang) A marijuana cigarette.
- 1996, Eric Bogosian, SubUrbia, spoken by Bee-Bee (Dina Spybey-Waters):
- I don't smoke doobs and I don't really hang out.
- “doob” In: Abdullah Umar Mansur (1985) Qaamuska Afsoomaliga.