Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: door-mat
doormat (plural doormats)
- A coarse mat at the entrance to a house, upon which one wipes one's shoes.
- Wipe your shoes on the doormat before you start plodding around in the house.
- (figuratively) Someone who is overly submissive to others' wishes.
- He's such a doormat, he lets everyone walk all over him.
coarse mat that appears at the entrance to a house
someone that is over-submissive to other's wishes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.