Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable, uncountable) The time it takes to drive between two points.
- My commute drive time is usually 45 minutes, but it can be 20 if I leave at 5:30am.
- Drive time to the park from the Interstate is 40 minutes.
- I get some of my best thinking done during my drive times.
- (uncountable, countable, broadcasting) The time of the day when most people commute to work, regarded as a popular time to listen to the radio.
- 2007, Chris Schneider, Starting Your Career in Broadcasting page 212:
- Mornings and afternoons are called "drive time" because that is when most people are driving. When people commute they tend to listen to the radio, thus drive time is primetime when it comes to total number of radio listeners. During drive time, radio stations have a captive audience.