Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: drug store
- (US, Canada) enPR: drŭg'stôr, IPA(key): /ˈdɹʌɡ.stɔɹ/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈdɹʌɡ.stɔː(ɹ)/
Audio (UK) (file)
drugstore (plural drugstores)
- (chiefly US, Canada) A pharmacy; a retail store, the main product of which is medications (usually both prescription and non-prescription), along with first aid and other similar products.
- Most drugstores also carry an assortment of other health and beauty products, and some may carry many other products such as groceries, books and magazines, consumer electronics, etc. Some drugstores may obtain the majority of their revenue from these additional products.
- Some supermarkets (large grocers) and department stores may have a pharmacy inside the main store, but such a pharmacy is not usually referred to as a drugstore.
- (a store with a regular pharmacist, not a grocer or other retailer): chemist, chemist's (UK, Australia, NZ)
- (owned and operated by pharmacist): druggist's, druggist, pharmacist's; (UK)
pharmacy — see pharmacy