Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (mineralogy) An inner surface with a crust of tiny crystals.
1889, Dana et al, A System of Mineralogy:
- Occurs as a fine coating over the minerals in druses or cavities in the granite.
1969, T. R. Meyers, The Geology of New Hampshire: Minerals and mines, page 18:
- Nontronite, a variety of chloropal occurs as a light yellow powder in druses of the North Conway granite (99, p. 312).
1984, Science Reports of the Tohoku University:
- A lot of druses are found in the vein, and euhedral crystals of quartz, marcasite and sphalerite are observed as druse minerals.
- (botany) An aggregation of calcium oxalate crystals found in certain plants.
- (ophthalmology) A tiny yellow or white accumulation of extracellular material that builds up in Bruch's membrane of the eye.
a tiny yellow or white accumulation of extracellular material that builds up in Bruch's membrane of the eye
- plural of