Jump to navigation Jump to search
dungarees pl (normally plural, singular dungaree)
- Heavy denim pants or trousers, usually with bib and braces, worn especially as work clothing.
- Synonym: (US, Canada) overalls
- Helen donned a pair of faded dungarees and grabbed her knapsack before rushing off to school.
- 2018 July 1, Sharon Walker, “Thirty years since the second summer of love”, in The Guardian:
- I’d arrived at Heaven nightclub, underneath the Charing Cross railway arches, on a hot Sunday afternoon to find my friends had already gone in – you didn’t risk hanging back and missing your chance – so I joined the queue of kids dressed in the acid house uniform of Day-Glo dungarees and smiley T-shirts.
heavy denim pants or overalls