Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chiefly engineering) The period of time that a system or element of a system remains in a given state.
- The drone has a dwell time of about six hours when operating from an in-theater airfield.
- The part needs a total dwell time in the autoclave of 95 minutes.
- 2019 October, “Chase Line service to be split next May”, in Modern Railways, page 17:
- Mr Thomas also confirmed that dwell times at New Street [Birmingham] are being examined to assess whether lengthening these would give the service more resilience, ...
- (military) The duty time soldiers have at their domestic home base between foreign deployments.
- (Internet, marketing) The amount of time that a user spends on a certain page or site.
period time in a given state