Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The transportation of goods.
- 2013 June 8, “The new masters and commanders”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8839, page 52:
- From the ground, Colombo’s port does not look like much. […] But viewed from high up in one of the growing number of skyscrapers in Sri Lanka’s capital, it is clear that something extraordinary is happening: China is creating a shipping hub just 200 miles from India’s southern tip.
- The body of ships belonging to one nation, port or industry.
- Passage or transport on a ship.
- The cost of sending an item or package via postal services.
- The shipping' is included in the quoted price.
- c. 1590–1592, William Shakespeare, “The Taming of the Shrew”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, [Act V, scene i]:
- God send 'em good shipping.
transportation of goods
body of ships belonging to one nation, port or industry
passage or transport on a ship
cost of sending goods