Jump to navigation Jump to search
dyeing (plural dyeings)
- The act by which something is dyed.
- 1930, United States. National Bureau of Standards, Bureau of Standards journal of research, volume 3, page 50:
- Ninety per cent of the dyeings on silk, 72 per cent of the dyeings on rayon, 70 per cent of the dyeings on cotton showed no color change.
- 2013, Lyn Parker, Pam Nilan, Adolescents in Contemporary Indonesia (page 52)
- In the traditional workshops of Surakarta, where the best quality batik tulis textiles are still created, low-paid women and girls use melted wax to meticulously hand-draw patterns before subsequent dyeings and rewaxings, […]