Jump to navigation Jump to search
dying (not comparable)
- Approaching death; about to die; moribund.
- The dying dog was put out of his misery with a single shot!
- a dying fire
- The battlefield was littered with the dead and dying.
- Declining, terminal, or drawing to an end.
- In the dying moments of daylight I glimpsed a sail on the horizon.
- Pertaining to death, or the moments before death.
- His dying words were of his mother.
- until my dying day
- his dying bed
approaching death, used as a substantive: those who are currently expiring
declining, or drawing to an end
pertaining to the moments before death
process of approaching death