Jump to navigation Jump to search
eachra m (genitive singular eachra, nominative plural eachraí)
- (collective) horses
- (collective, military) cavalry, horse (cavalry soldiers)
- Synonym: marcra
- (collective) stable (all the racehorses belonging to a particular owner)
- (countable) a team of horses
- (countable, military) cavalcade
Declension of eachra
Forms with the definite article
|Radical||Eclipsis||with h-prothesis||with t-prothesis|
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- “echrad, echraid” in Dictionary of the Irish Language, Royal Irish Academy, 1913–76.
- “eachraiḋ” in Foclóir Gaeḋilge agus Béarla, Irish Texts Society, 1st ed., 1904, by Patrick S. Dinneen, page 272.
- "eachra" in Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla, An Gúm, 1977, by Niall Ó Dónaill.
- Entries containing “eachra” in English-Irish Dictionary, An Gúm, 1959, by Tomás de Bhaldraithe.
- Entries containing “eachra” in New English-Irish Dictionary by Foras na Gaeilge.