eat my shorts
- (idiomatic, chiefly US, vulgar) An irreverent rebuke or dismissal.
- 1977, James P. Leary, The boys from the dome: folklore of a modern American male group, page 69:
- Notre Dame boys greeted one another with "Eat It" to be answered by "Eat It Raw" or "Eat a Big One" or "Eat My Shorts," sometimes "Eat My Crusty Shorts."
- 1988, Greg Matthews, The gold flake hydrant, page 232:
- Her eyes are telling me, "Eat my shorts, you precocious little fart." I definitely haven't made a friend.
- 1996, Douglas Rushkoff, Media virus!: hidden agendas in popular culture, page 186:
- For instance, Bart often expresses his irreverence toward authority on "The Simpsons" by exclaiming "Eat my shorts."
irreverent rebuke or dismissal