Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Excessively obscure economic jargon.
- Once you cut through all the econobabble, it says we're headed for a recession.
- Politicians now use econobabble as a tool of mass confusion, aimed at scaring the public into doing things they don't want to do while narrowing our policy choices.
- 1992, Iqbal Jafar, The last frontier and other essays (page 143)
- Today's orthodoxy (free market economy) is being spearheaded by the Bank and the Fund through the Structural Adjustment Programme that has a rather suggestive acronym of SAP. The phrase, now part of the current econobabble […]