Audio (US) (file)
- Feeling or characterized by ecstasy.
- 1837, Michael Ryan, The Philosophy of Marriage, in Its Social, Moral, and Physical Relations; with an Account of the Diseases of the Genito-urinary Organs which Impair or Destroy the Reproductive Function; and Induce a Variety of Complaints; with the Physiology of Generation in the Vegetable and Animal Kingdoms [...], London: John Churchill, Princes' Street, Soho, OCLC 243495533, page 191:
- The moment of ejaculation in mammiferous animals is accompanied by universal excitement of the whole body, a kind of slight convulsion, which terminates in a comatose or exstatic state.
- Extremely happy.
- Relating to, or caused by, ecstasy or excessive emotion.
- ecstatic gaze; ecstatic trance
- this ecstatic fit of love and jealousy
feeling or characterized by ecstasy
ecstatic (plural ecstatics)