Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A problem or situation that occurs only at an extreme (maximum or minimum) operating parameter.
- Hypernym: corner case
- (loosely) Any unexpected input or user behaviour.
- Synonym: corner case
- 2010, Charles Edge, William Barker, Beau Hunter, Gene Sullivan, Ken Barker, Enterprise Mac Security: Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apress (→ISBN), page 96:
- The first thing to do is analyze the situation and determine whether the need to provide additional use is an edge case, or if it will become a common use-case scenario.
- 2012, Bill Wilder, Cloud Architecture Patterns, "O'Reilly Media, Inc." (→ISBN), page 32:
- One edge case is when the code processing the message has not finished, but the invisibility window lapses, and another copy of the same message gets dequeued. At this point, there are two active copies of that message being processed.