Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- unusuall (obsolete)
- Unlike what is expected; differing in some way from the norm.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 2, The Celebrity:
- I had occasion […] to make a somewhat long business trip to Chicago, and on my return […] I found Farrar awaiting me in the railway station. He smiled his wonted fraction by way of greeting, […], and finally leading me to his buggy, turned and drove out of town. I was completely mystified at such an unusual proceeding.
- His behavior was unusual in that it was considered childish for a man of his age.
- Not usual.
- (different from the expected): abnormal, rare, strange, weird, (stronger) extraordinary
- See also Wikisaurus:strange
unlike what is expected; differing in some way from the norm