Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rare; not readily found; unusual.
- Bald eagles are an uncommon sighting in this state
- Remarkable; exceptional.
- The diamond was of uncommon size
rare; not readily found; unusual
uncommon (not comparable)
- (archaic, Britain, dialect) Exceedingly, exceptionally.
1861, George Eliot, Silas Marner, London: Penguin Books, published 1967, page 159:
- 'The Squire's pretty springe, considering his weight,' said Mr Macey, 'and he stamps uncommon well.'