Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: excepțional
- Forming an exception; not ordinary; uncommon; rare.
- What an exceptional flower!
- Better than the average; superior due to exception or rarity.
- The quality of the beer was exceptional.
- (geometry) Corresponding to something of lower dimension under a birational correspondence.
- an exceptional curve; an exceptional divisor
- (forming an exception): ordinary, categorical, common, general, usual
- (superior due to exception or rarity): ordinary, mediocre, commonplace
forming an exception
superior due to exception or rarity
exceptional (plural exceptionals)
- An exception, or something having an exceptional value