Jump to navigation Jump to search
eggshellful (plural eggshellfuls)
- The amount contained in an eggshell
- 1901, Queen of the Home: A Careful Compilation of Tried and Approved Recipes:
- Beat the white of one egg until stiff, add 1/2 of an eggshellful of cream and beat together well, add enough pulverized sugar to harden it so as to form in squares lay on pasteboard to harden.
- 2014, R. Shelton Mackenzie, Bits of Blarney, page 117:
- After a pause, one of them ventured to hint that the first allowance of liquor had been drank out, so that "there did not remain an eggshellful to drink the health of the Captain."